The LGBTQ+ Community’s Guide to Engineering
HRC’s 2021 LGBTQ Workplace Equality National Study
HRC’s 2014 LGBTQ Workplace Equality National Study
HRC’s 2009 LGBTQ Workplace Equality National Study
Legal Steps to Take If You Experience Workplace Discrimination
In the literature:
- Coming out in STEM: Factors affecting retention of sexual minority STEM students
- Excluded, intimidated and harassed: LGBT physicists face discrimination
- Navigating the heteronormativity of engineering: the experiences of lesbian, gay, and bisexual students
- Exploring Relationships Between Sexual Orientation and Satisfaction with Faculty and Staff Interactions
- What matters in college for retaining aspiring scientists and engineers from underrepresented racial groups
- The (Mis)Framing of Social Justice: Why Ideologies of Depoliticization and Meritocracy Hinder Engineers’ Ability to Think About Social Injustices
- The State of Higher Education for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender People 2010
In the news:
- Is Science Too Straight?
- LGBTQ scientists are still left out
- Women and Men in STEM Often at Odds Over Workplace Equity
- Women in STEM see more gender disparities at work, especially those in computer jobs, majority-male workplaces
- Why is Science so Straight?
- Women and Minorities in STEM Face More Bias, But White Men Think They’re the Victims
Literature and news collated by our friends at oSTEM @ Brown.